All vehicles in Czech Republic must be registered at any municipal authority of the municipality with extended powers – Vehicle register (Úřad obce s rozšířenou působností – Registr vozidel).
You will be asked to submit the following documents:
- A large technical license (Velký technický průkaz)
- Vehicle registration certificate (Malý technický průkaz)
- Vehicle registration check protocol not older than 30 days
- Valid green card as proof of insurance for the vehicle (Zelená karta)
- Personal identification document and a valid driving licence
- Contract of sales with your name on it
- Constent of the owner of the vehicle, officially certified if is different from operator of the vehicle (power of attorney)
The registration of the vehicle costs 800 CZK.
After purchasing a car and after the registration expires.
Good to know
Information Publication for Foreigners Czech Republic (in English, Ukrainian, Russian, Vietnamese and Mongolian): http://www.mvcr.cz/mvcren/article/information-for-foreigners-in-the-czech-republic.aspx
Vehicle operation and registration is regulated by Civil Code, Act No. 56/2001: https://portal.gov.cz/app/zakony/zakon.jsp?page=0&nr=56~2F2001~20Sb.&rpp=15#seznam (in Czech, see §6 for list of documents necessary for registration)
You can use services of private companies specializing on registering imported vehicles.
At any municipal authority of a municipality with extended powers. List of municipalities with extended powers (in Czech): http://portal.uur.cz/spravni-usporadani-cr-organy-uzemniho-planovani/obce.asp
Praha 7, Czech Republic
Nad Štolou 3170 34 Praha 7